|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Chief, Central Warehouse Section or his designate, the Supply Assistant will perform the following duties:
· Assists in verifying the requisitions in accordance with sections’/unit’s monthly requirements;
· Assists in monitoring stock of supplies in the stores; assists in conducting regular stock taking of expendable items in the supply stores;
· Enters applicable systems data to initiate the requisition process. Provides updates of requisition status as required.
· Assists Receipt and Inspection Unit (R&I) in receiving and inspecting goods delivered by vendors and managed by Supply Unit. Prepares internal R&I reports for goods in the Supply Stores;
· Assists in conducting periodic inventory of UN Non-Expendable property and attractive Property managed by Supply stores;
· Responds to internal inquiries from Staff or refers them to appropriate contacts/units
· Maintains and monitors relevant databases (e.g. stock levels of various supply items). Provides advice on technical matters to the supervisor;
· Organizes, and maintains contract files and Section’s manuals;
· Performs other duties as required.