Under the general guidance of the Head of Office, Under the Overall supervision of the Head of RRU and RRU Region Coordinator, Under the technical supervision of the Research officer the incumbent will be responsible for performing operational assistance to the survey operations, according to IOM standards and procedures and training received in carrying out their tasks, in particular:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and be responsible of the team of enumerators.
2. Ensure the timely implementation of data collection needed for research projects conducted at mission level.in geographical area covered by the team: Northern governorates.
3. Ensure methodologically correct implementation of qualitative research in geographical areas covered by the team: Northern governorates
4. Liaise with IOM sub-offices, local and national authorities to ensure access and logistics are timely put in place for conduction of data collection in Northern governorates.
5. Ensure the enumerators routinely contact and track longitudinal study (LS) families according to the plan and follow up of LS families and their moves to different locations.
6. Actively contribute to the drafting and revision of data collection tools and sample selection, based on the research criteria and on knowledge of the areas and population groups under study
7. Participate and actively contribute to data review workshop, inputting field knowledge into the data analysis
8. Contribute to the analysis and presentation of findings during data review workshops and research dissemination events
9. Have a thorough understanding of different methodologies for data collection (i.e. quantitative household interviews and qualitative in-depth interviews and focus groups)
10. Be responsible of the logistic of data collection during repeat rounds of field work, ensuring materials and resources are in place for the successful completion of required interviews; timely inform the administration on logistical needs (material, transportation, security etc).
11. Collect and review the data collected in the forms after fieldwork.
12. Be responsible for the completion of the required interviews and for the quality of the information collected. Ensure that the quality of data collected is met and in line with the Survey guidelines and requirements.
13. Train the staff under his/ her supervision in the field on code of conduct and guarantee good behavior of agents on the sites;
14. Ensure that the staff is on time and well prepared/ informed and equipped for the operations
15. Supervise the attendance list and the payroll preparation of his/her team submit to the Survey Coordinator.
16. Keep an expand network of key informants including community leaders, governmental officials, local authorities, CSO representatives, tribal leaders and security representatives.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged as well as the internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the vacancy, internal candidates are considered first-tier candidates.
17. Liaise with other IOM offices to conduct fieldwork in different locations in Iraq
18. Liaise with security officers DSS and Iraqi forces and be aware and alert to the security situation of survey areas.
19. Other related duties as may be assigned
Education and Experience:
• University Degree with 4 years of work experience in the field of research study or Bachelor ’s degree with four years of work experience in the field of research study;
• Experience in/ knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research field interviews, preferably in an international organization.
• Experience with IOM or another international organization a plus.
• Fluency in English and Arabic is required.