Under overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and overall Senior Emergency and Programmes Coordinator and Project Coordinator (FAP) , the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, the successful candidate will be based in Erbil and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding Syrian family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the FAP and assist in logistical/administrative support during the set-up period.
2. Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards.
3. Assist and guide migrants in the completion of the VIDEX online application form as per checklists and conduct completeness checks on all documentation before their visa appointment;
4. Provide migrants with accurate information in a timely manner. This will include distributing information sheets, the Integration Handbook and visa requirement checklists; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Page 2 / 5
applications); and informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
5. Assist in the collection and forwarding of complete applications as per Consulate guidelines, including biometrics collection: provide guidance to migrants on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as required;
6. Collection of Fees: Where required, collect the applicable visa fee, issue accurate receipts; daily reconciliation of receipts and reporting;
7. Data Capture: Maintain high degree of skill in using IOM internal software platforms; enter required applicant data, lodge application documents in the required order in IOM-designated folders for applicants to submit to Embassy at their scheduled interview time;
8. Translate and interpret documents, communication and meetings for the Project Coordinator as needed.
9. Communicate with the German press, NGOs and other external German stakeholders on FAP related items in close coordination with the Project Coordinator.
10. Call centre service: responsible for outreach to families and principle applicants to answer questions and provide remote guidance on form filling, visa requirements and general information;
11. Appointment scheduling: Ensure appointment system for applicants coming to FAP is operated effectively;
12. Reporting: Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
13. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times;
14. Maintain positive working relationships with German Embassy staff locally;
15. Inform management of any problems or issues immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service;
16. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload;
17. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions;
18. Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data;
19. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Page 3 / 5
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience .
• Minimum 05 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
Fluency in English ,Kurdish and Arabic.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
Page 4 / 5
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Page 5 / 5
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.